The power of massage has derived from techniques rooted from ancient history. Natural healing and massage was used to heal injuries, prevent and cure illness, and relieve pain.
Today massage therapy is a highly respected holistic healing approach and is practiced across the world.
Prevent and Heal Injuries
Massage therapy melts away stress and tension, relieving associated headaches and muscular aches/pains. Massage reduces injury healing time by encouraging the body’s own healing process to act. Massage is recommended for:
- back pain
- knee injury
- multiple sclerosis
- pre/post surgical procedures
* For more information on other injuries massage therapy can help prevent, visit http://massage.ca
Prevent and Cure Illness
In addition to treatment provided by a physician, massage therapy may prevent and speed recovery in:
- mental health
- pain control
- chronic lung disease
- digestive tract
- Massage confuses the body’s pain signals with the power of rub, sending other impulses along the same nerve.
- Massage provides deep relaxation by improving blood circulation and oxygen.
- Massage relieves mental stress and anxiety with the power of touch.
- Massage also calls up the body’s natural painkillers by stimulating the release of endorphins.
Suffer from any of the above? Try the power of massage-could be what the doctor ordered!